Social media is the rule not the exception anymore for successful marketing campaigns. Every business is online, and whether you’re active or not active on social channels, you send a message to consumers about your brand. Some companies see social media as just another platform for advertising, but there is so much more that you can do with the right plan in place.
The goals of a social media strategy are different for every business. If you’re an online retailer or e-commerce business, you may want to use the platform to generate leads or even sell directly. However, if your business is service-based, you may use your social profiles as a way to reach out to customers to receive feedback and testimonials for your company.
What You Can Accomplish Through Social Media:
- Gain reviews for your company
- Perform customer support functions and improve customer experience
- Test ad creative and brand messaging
- Share content from your website and gain traffic
- Improve SEO rankings
- Sell products and services directly
- Network with potential clients and partners
- Communicate quickly and effectively during a company crisis
- Connect with influencers to promote your brand
You must remember that social media is a two-way street. Unlike other forms of marketing, you are not in control of everything said about your brand, or who can interact with your profiles versus who cannot. Because of this, you need to use social media as a comprehensive business tool, not just a marketing platform.
You should focus on these three areas of your social media strategy to gain the most benefit for your business: customer service, research, and content.
For more tips on attracting, nurturing, and selling, purchase a copy of Scale Up Your Profits! here.