For a marketer, tracking and analyzing are pertinent to success online. In order to understand if our efforts create value, we have to monitor progress more than any other department in a business. Search engine optimization is one of those areas that require intense monitoring and analytics. These six tools will help you improve your SEO campaign and track your progress along the way.
What it does: SEMRush provides extensive analytics reports on domains, keywords, and URLs. It provides information for both organic and paid search results, including keyword match lists, cost-per-click data, backlinks, and top results for keywords.
What is costs: Between $100 and $400 monthly
SEMRush is a one-stop shop for SEO research. It can be used for keyword targeting. You can track results of SEO and ORM campaigns across multiple data indicators. SEMRush can help you build better SEO strategies based on analysis of your own and competitor websites and advertising. You can even track social media performance or compare domain data with your competitors’ sites.
SEMRush is a wonderful tool, but comes at a steep price. If you are creating analytics reports for clients or have many different websites you need to maintain, it’s a wise investment. However, for singular businesses looking for low-cost SEO management tools, this platform may be more than necessary.
- What it does: Ahrefs tracks all of your website data from you highest performance keywords to your site ranking for different Google SERPs. Ahrefs provides domain comparisons so you can reverse engineer your competitors SEO tactics.
- What is costs: Between $100 and $1000 monthly
Ahrefs is a professional-level SEO tool designed to help you manage your campaigns and compare data of yours and your competitors’ sites. You can also run a complete site audit to pinpoint SEO problems and fix them. You can search for the most popular content on any subject, by backlinks, social shares and organic traffic.
Ahrefs is perfect for small businesses with in-depth SEO strategies in place. It is also a capable tool for marketing agency reporting and SEO.
- What it does: Buffer is a social media scheduling tool, compatible with Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You can schedule posts months in advance, and track your engagement across all platforms.
- What is costs: Up to $400, with a free plan and custom pricing options.
Buffer is one of the most popular social media schedulers available. It is intuitive, allows for scheduling far in advance, and has no limits to the number of posts you can create with the upgraded plans. Buffer also tracks your analytics and can produce reports for your different profiles.
Buffer can be a useful SEO tool to see how well your content is performing on social, and how much traffic you’re driving to your site via social channels. Plus, it offers plans for every budget, so any business or entrepreneur can use it.
Google Search Console
- What it does: Search Console allows website owners to see how their sites are indexing and gain information about their site’s visibility and ranking on Google.
- What is costs: Free
Google Search Console, formerly referred to as Webmaster Tools, allows you to submit your sitemap for indexing, check statuses, and receive updates on penalties that your site has received according to Google’s ranking algorithm. The Search Console is the best tool to help your site start ranking in the search engines and to find errors that you can fix on your site.
- What it does: Google Analytics tracks organic and paid website traffic and learns about your audience’s behaviors and changes. It connects to your ad account if you choose to run PPC ads and will give you real-time updates on the progress of your campaign.
- What is costs: Free
Every marketer needs to use Google analytics for website traffic monitoring. It is the most accurate tool for measuring your SEO success in organic and paid search traffic. Google adds a tracking code to your website so they can monitor new visitors, your bounce rate, and all other factors that are essential to better understanding SEO.
For more tips on attracting, nurturing, and selling, purchase a copy of Scale Up Your Profits! here.
Leave a Reply